3D2N (Private) Birding Tour Package
Private (Wooden) Boat & Tour
Ideal Birding on Ujung Kulon National Park
Rare and unique birds are scattered in the 120,000 hectares of Ujung Kulon National Park, which includes both terrestrial and marine conservation areas and several islands. If you want to get a lot of bird checklists in Ujung Kulon, ideally it is done by walking along the trekking path that stretches along the Ujung Kulon Peninsula. Travel time can reach about a week (7 days). The journey usually starts from Tamanjaya Village. Starting from there, you will be invited to explore the diverse landscapes of Ujung Kulon National Park: riverbank, mangrove, man made grazing ground, coastal forests, and tropical lowland forests.
Ujung Kulon National Park is one of the oldest national parks in Indonesia. With this information you may imagine that you will explore the forest overgrown with pristine vegetation. It should be noted that the coastal forest area of Ujung Kulon National Park is generally regenerated vegetation. It grew after those areas were swept by huge tidal waves in 1883, caused by the eruption of the Krakatau volcano. Several vegetation areas of Ujung Kulon National are also regeneration from rubber forests and agricultural areas, which were left by the native after their land being designated as a conservation area in 1921. According to experts, pristine vegetation in TNUK remains in the Gunung Payung area, which might be included in the checklist of destinations if you have more time to explore Ujung Kulon National Park.
Peucang Island, NIKKI Peucang Resort location, is usually the last destination for birders after taking a long journey on the Ujung Kulon Peninsula. This island is the only area in Ujung Kulon National Park that offers comfortable accommodation, calm sea, and very soft white sand beach. After resting and birding for a day or two on Peucang Island, birders can directly return to the entry point by boat, not by walking back through the Ujung Kulon Peninsula.
NIKKI Peucang Offering
The birding package that we offer is an alternative for you who don’t plan to trek for a week. This package also offers comfortable accommodation belonging to NIKKI Peucang Resort for your night’s rest. No camping schedule at all. This package also includes a guide, boat transfers, tour tickets, and national park entrance tickets for Indonesian citizens. Also includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner at our restaurant.
This birding package begins with bird watching activities on Handeleum Island, where there are mangrove forests and small grazing fields. Next you will be taken to the Cigenter River, which is still in the Handeuleum archipelago. The Cigenter River is a habitat for the Javan rhino, crocodile, and python. But meeting these beasts is very difficult. After exploring the Cigenter River, we will go straight to Peucang Island.
This birding package also offers trekking activity to deeper areas on the Ujung Kulon Peninsula on the 2nd day. You’ll follow a path through the forest to an area called Tanjung Layar. The entry, which is a location called Cibom, from Peucang Island is reached in a short time by boat. From Cibom, you will explore the coastal forest and pass the lighthouse and prison artifacts. The journey ends at a high cliff called Tanjung Layar. The travel time and birding activity at Tanjung Layar is about 4-5 hours. In the afternoon you are invited to observe birds at the Cidaon Grazing Ground which is located on the Ujung Kulon Peninsula. Visitors are usually easy to find hornbills and peacocks in this area. Also you will find a herd of bulls grazing.
On the third day, you will be invited to observe birds that live on Peucang Island. Peucang Island forest is dominated by very tall tropical trees and large strangler (Kiara) trees. Hornbill sounds are usually heard loudly around the kiara tree. You may also hear the sound of turtledove along the way. Starting right in front of your room, then we walk deeper to the Peucang Jungle. The journey ends at the beach overlooking a small coral hill called Karang Copong. The travel time and birding activity at Karang Copong is about 4 hours.
We hire a local bird watcher who loves his job and regularly guides bird watching activity as your guide. The guide will be happy to help you fill out your Bird checklist in Ujung Kulon National Park.
About the Package
Private & Seclude Room
Batik Villa / Angklung Villa
Family Style Dining
2x Breakfast, 3x Lunch, 2x Dinner
Full Days Birding
Cigenter River, Handeleum Island, Ujung Kulon Peninsula, Peucang Jungle
Health Protocols Enforced Strictly
Negative Covid-19 rapid test result (antigen) required
NIKKI Marina, Sumur Distric, Pandeglang Regency, Banten
ITINERARY DAY 1
09.00 - 10.00 AM - Meet & Greet - Boarding
10.00 AM - 12.00 PM - Sail to Handeleum Island
12.00 - 1.30 PM - Lunch (box) - Birding on Handeleum Island
1.30 - 2.00 PM - Sail to Cigenter River
2.00 - 3.00 PM - Canoeing on Cigenter River
3.00 - 5.00 PM - Sail to Peucang Island
5.00 - 7.00 - Check in resort - Welcome drink
7.00 - 9.00 PM - Dinner
9.00 PM -- Rest
ITINERARY DAY 2
6.00 - 7.00 AM - Breakfast
7.00 - 7.30 AM - Sail to Cibom
7.30 AM - 12.30 PM - Birding on Tanjung Layar - Ujung Kulon Peninsula
12.30 - 1.00 PM - Sail back to Peucang Island
1.00 - 2.00 PM - Lunch
2.00 - 4.00 - Rest
4.00 - 6.00 PM - Birding on Cidaon Grazing Ground
7.00 - 9.00 PM - Dinner
9.00 PM -- Rest
ITINERARY DAY 3
6.00 - 7.00 AM - Breakfast
7.00 - 11.00 AM - Birding on Peucang Island - Karang Copong
11.00 AM - 12.00 PM - Check out resort - Boarding
12.00 - 1.00 PM - Lunch
1.00 -4.00 PM - Sail back to Sumur District - End of trip
Click here to Check the Rates >>
- Private Woodenboat
- Stay at Angklung Villa / Batik Villa (Private Room)
- 2x Breakfast, 3x Lunch, 2x Dinner
- Mineral Water, Tea & Coffee during Stay
- Canoeing Tickets, All National Park Tickets for Locals, TNUK Insurance, & Guide
- Land transportation (Car Rental) to and from meeting point (NIKKI Marina)
- National Park Entrance Tickets for WNA / Foreign Citizen / Kitas Holder (Rp 225,000 / person)
- Snorkeling / birding gear
- (All excursion bellow inclusive in package)
- Canoeing on Cigenter River
- Medium Trekking (3 hours) to Karang Copong, located in Peucang Island
- Wildlife seeing to Cidaon Grazing Ground
- Trekking to Tanjung Layar, located in Ujung Kulon Peninsula (3 hours)
- Never leave the room with the door still open. Even the bathroom door. The monkey can sneak in and steal your belongings.
- Better to not enjoy your meals outside the room and the restaurant. The monkey often roughly grabs visitors’ food.
- Do not feed the animals.
- Never swim after the sun goes down.
- Always watch your kids.
- Electricity power only starts from 6 pm-6am.
- 4G and phone network available by Telkomsel only.
- Please wear your mask and keep the physical distance.
- You’ll come to a very pristine and remote area. Prepare to encounter wild boar, monkey, monitor lizard, deer, mosquito, frog, snakes, gecko, spiders, crocodiles, and other unique creatures. Make sure you and your family are not phobic or very disliked with those animals.
- The wild boar no longer bothered with human presents but please never disturb this animal.
What to Pack
- The dense tropical jungle surround Peucang Island makes the air temperature became cold. Also the itinerary invite us to adventure through jungle beside chill on the beach. So please prepare:
- Comfortable cotton clothing
- A light jacket
- Rain coat, especially in rainy season
- Comfortable sandals. Avoids flip flops for trekking.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block, insect repellent
- Toothbrush & paste